(It says WARRIOR MOTHER.)
The more time that passes, the harder it becomes to sit down here and say something, so let me just play catch up and get that over with.
1. Listen to Your Mother was AMAZING. I am sort of a solitary person, but I felt such a rush of girl power and strength from the other women in our show. Many of them were women I hadn't met before, but reaching deep into your gut and spilling forth about how motherhood has changed you has a way of bonding people.
Eventually all of the 2012 shows will be on YouTube. I'll link when ours is available. If you ever get the chance to audition for or see Listen to Your Mother, I highly recommend it. (Even though I very nearly passed out from stage fright, showed up an hour late for our walk though due to a hair appointment gone awry and wiped out in the parking garage as I ran to the theater in platform sandals.)
Our theme was Mother Warrior - every story had something to do with the things that motherhood asks us to do that we don't want to do, or feel like we can't do, or never imagined doing. But we do them.
We all got the necklace pictured above at our cast party this week. I haven't taken mine off. (Except for once when I almost dropped it down the sink drain. Yes. Really.)
2. School is out. I'm still at the WHEW point and not at the OMG WHEN DOES SCHOOL START point. Yet. (Give me another week.) Tide graduated from 8th grade. It was big and exciting and a little teary. I was completely wiped out by volunteer obligations by the end (on top of every end of the year celebration/gathering/concert/flying up ceremony). Enough already! Now I'm trying to figure out how to work from home while 4 people are orbiting me all day telling me complicated stories of Minecraft creations and asking for YET ANOTHER meal. (For God's sake, these kids have to eat every, what 3-4 hours. What are they, infants? It's killing me.)
3. In the middle of all the end-of-year insanity, I went to a luncheon for new moms at Tide's new high school. It was VERY nice. And like an idiot, I volunteered to work on their big auction/gala/fundraiser. Because I was looking for a way to fill up my free time.
4. I feel like life is somewhat out of control. Although I'm pretty sure I feel like that all the time. Let me know if that's normal. I find it to be annoying.
4. We're already deep into our first round of summertime illness - strep. It's fun! You should totally come visit. Bring your own water bottle and don't use our Chap Stick.
5. I'm going to BlogHer this summer. Are you going? Besides that, our big summer plans involve a weekend family reunion in a coal mining town in Pennsylvania. I know you're jeal.
6. What else am I forgetting? I've missed you!