I saw my friend for the first time on Saturday. And now that she is out of the woods and on her way to recovery, I shall call her Coma Gal.
I planted a big fat kiss right in the middle of her bald head. Not completely bald, actually. She looks sort of like a Hari Krishna (are there still Hari Krishnas?) with a rattail thang in the back. And all manner of crazy scars and suture lines across her scalp. Very Halloween-ish.
Then I yelled at her for scaring the crap out of me. Srsly.
I'd have to say, her mental capacity is at about... oh... 150% of mine. Easily. She thinks she is having some memory problems. Dude. I could show her some memory problems.
Mentally, she's great. Physically, she has a long way to go. She's been lying in a bed for the last 8 weeks. And as attractive as that may seem to me (and you?), it's actually not that good for the ole muscle tone. This week, she will finally leave the Trauma Center she flew into by helicopter and head to a rehab hospital where she can work on getting her strength back.
But she's already calling her son every afternoon and pestering him about his homework. And writing the basketball practice schedule into her calendar. (I didn't even know there was a basketball practice schedule. I'm telling ya - 150%.)
Life is good. Seriously good.
And without further ado, I'm going to tell you six things about myself for a meme that Astarte tagged me for awhile back.
1. I have a strange
2. Operation Take Back my Body is tanking. I have not been shredding. I suck. The stress of
3. Operation Take Back the House is going even worse. I would show you pictures, but I am mortified. (And that's saying a lot. I'm not easily mortified.)
4. I am thinking of becoming Mormon.
5. Not really. But I have also developed an
By the way, Christian was released from the hospital and is doing outpatient rehab. Stephanie is "out of the woods" and coming out of an induced coma. She has a long way to go, but is doing much better than the doctors ever expected. (If you are interested in more info, read this article. And don't miss Part 2. But grab a tissue first.)
6. There's nothing else interesting about me. So I'll throw this in here. In honor of NaBloPhoPoMo, I planned on taking a photo walk with Little One today, but it was overcast and gloomy. I need to do some research on how to take good pictures in bad light. (But not now, because Intervention is on!) Tomorrow, I will be voting and after that I will have company for a few days. I hope to get to the photos, but if I don't, hang on - they're coming. (As is another project I'm working on that I hope you will enjoy!)